Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spoon Bread

I was browsing through my "Aunt Sammy's Radio Recipes Revised" book earlier and I happened upon a recipe that I thought sounded very interesting. I never heard of spoon bread before, but it looks to me that it is a type of corn bread. Here you all go and happy cooking!

Ingredients:
1 cup corn meal
2 cups cold water
2 teaspoons salt
1 cup milk
2 or 3 eggs
2 tablespoons melted fat.

Directions:
Mix up the corn meal, water, and salt together. Then boil for 5 minutes, stirring continuously. Beat up the eggs and add into the mixture along with the milk, and the melted fat. Mix well then pour into a greased pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes in a hot oven. (about 400 degrees F)

Serve warm!


So, it is a bit different from other corn bread recipes that I have seen, but I am not sure how different it will taste. If anyone has ever had it or tries it, do comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena