Sunday, January 11, 2009

Burnt Almond Ice Cream

This recipe comes from the "Grunow Refrigeration Recipe Book" by Dorothy Ayers Loudon, which I believe to have been published sometime in the 1930's. It is a very simple recipe. In fact, you don't need anything special besides the ingredients for this one other than a freezer! Which you would have if you had purchased a Grunow Electric Refrigerator.

Burnt Almond Ice Cream:
Ingredients-
1 quart thin cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 pound browned and sugared almonds
1 teaspoon of vanilla

Directions- Mix well and freeze.

Now, when you have two steps of directions like that, I am not sure that it can get easier. Anyway, I wasn't quite sure what 'thin cream' was, so I looked it up and from what I found out at the World Wide Words website, it is another term for 'light cream' or 'single cream'.

Good luck and let me know how it turns out!

1 comment:

 

Made by Lena