Thursday, January 8, 2009

Tutti-Frutti Sauce

When I think of Tutti-Frutti, I think of the bumble gum and some sort of pink flavor. Don't ask me how a flavor can be a color, but that is truly what the words tutti and frutti make me think of, so imagine my surprise when I found a recipe for Tutti-Frutti sauce! This recipe also comes from Aunt Sammy's Radio Recipes Revised. Apparently, according to the book, it would be great over vanilla ice-cream, frozen custard or blanc mange.

Tutti-Frutti Sauce-

Ingredients:
4 slices canned pineapple
1 pint pineapple juice and water
1/4 cup of sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup blanched almonds
1 cup candied cherries cut in quarters
1/2 cup finely cut citron

Directions:
Strain the juice from the pineapples, add enough water to make a pint, combine with sugar and salt, and cook for about 10 minutes or until the syrup is pretty thick. Break the almonds in half, cut the sliced pineapple into thin pieces add along with cherries and citron to the syrup. Boil mixture for a few minutes and chill before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena